I will be holding my very first contest over the next couple weeks. I figured since I don't get many comments, I had to come up with some way to boost readership. So here it is, The Price is Right. I've never actually seen The Price is Right so I may get the concept totally wrong. Oh well, sue me!
The idea of the contest will be to guess the cost of recent ebay items that I won, from a series of pictures (Minus the cost of shipping). The person to guess the closest for each picture will be awarded points. At the end of the contest, who ever had the most points wins.
You can think of me as Bob Barker, and yourselves as price-savvy contestants.
What can I say, the ladies love me
- Advertising the contest on your blog will get you 4 points.
- Being a follower of my blog will get you 2 points.
- For each picture that your guess is closest you will be awarded 3 points.
- If there are 2 or more people tied for the closest guess, each person will get 2 points.
- You must list your guesses in a comment on each particular post, and you will need to come up with an estimate for each picture (List these estimates in the order that the pictures appear in the post)
Ex) Pic 1:$2.35 Pic2:$5.67 Pic3:$3.89 ..........
I am not yet sure how many posts the contest will include, but I will give you warning of when the contest will end a couple posts in advance.
I may decide to add a bonus pic or two randomly in posts that are non-contest oriented, so I encourage you to read all posts on my blog.
The prize will be one or more of the items that appear in the contest pictures. If a lot of people decide to join in, it will be a couple of the items, but if only a few join in then I will most likely keep it at one item.
Please comment on this post if you want to be in the contest so that I can add you to the point list that will be in my sidebar. In this comment you should also tell me if you are a follower of my blog and if you will be advertising the contest on your blog.
Let the Pricing begin.